“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday finish dissappearing jelly roll rails

Today I finished another mini quilt like I made a year ago.  I did a tutorial then of my accidental design.
Link to that tutorial is here 
The following photos show the way I did it this time............
 Start with 9 strips about 17" and sew them together thinking about where each strip will end up if you are making the mini quilt like the photo above.
Cut every other strip down the center.  Cut into blocks.
Lay out the 4" blocks to check the design.
This is the photo I put on instagram of quilting....I really look forward to the straight quilting 1/4" next to the seams.  For some reason...it makes me happy!!  I try to figure the best way so I can quilt in a continuous line as much as possible!

I will link with crazy mom quilts and freemotion by the river.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the pattern that you came up with!!! Genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really like it too....and will probably make more!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!