“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, September 8, 2017

Boden table mat finish

 This is a pattern from Pat Sloan's book "Teach Me to Sew Triangles"  And I used fabrics from three different lines of her fabrics.
 I like to take a photo of the layout before sewing to see if I need to make changes.
Sorry for all the photos........but I like to document the process on my projects!
 When I first got this book I wanted to make this pattern because I wanted to do the quilting around the center!!

I used varigated thread at first and the next photo I was stumped what I wanted to do next!!
 I used gray thread to finish the quilting.  The center was done all at once without stopping.
I like to figure a way to keep on quilting and not stop and start!
 This is the back....an old Susan Winget panel from years ago!
I am so glad to finish a project this week!!

Linking to crazy mom quilts  finish it up Friday
and Freemotion by the River  Linky Tuesday

smiles and hugs....Caryl

8 comments:

  1. That is really pretty, and I love how you quilted it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki....a really fun design to quilt and it is nice to have it finished!

      Delete
  2. That is a pretty fabulous table mat. The quilting is great and I love the idea of using a panel for the back. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy....It was fun and makes me want to do another one...but I have too many other things to finish!

      Delete
  3. Nice table mat and what a great idea to take a picture of the layout first before sewing. The camera doesn't die. I made the mistake with a small quilt, even hand Quilted and didn't see the mistake until I took a picture. I cal it my "oops quilt."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty Lou....thanks for commenting. It is nice to have a quick way to take a photo with my phone and check out before sewing!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!