“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, June 9, 2017

mug rug with stamped and stitched flower tutorial

 I used Sunkissed jelly roll for the squares...
The top right is Kona Cotton PFD Bleach fabric.
 I used Hero Arts stamps CL375.  I stamped the images with Versa Color petal pink and split pea.
Then I stitched the stamped image with a layer of batting underneath.
I used Wink of Stella to outline the lines in the flower image.
And Copic RV02 on the flower and Copic YG03on the leaf.
I used Copic Y21 for the center of the flower and the background.
 Photo of some practice pieces which is so helpful to figure out what works and what doesn't.
I researched online what works on fabric and surprised about some of these that I used.
I have some fabric markers but not in the right colors for this project.
Cute backing fabric shows the quilting too.  The thread I used was Superior Perfect Quilter variegated 085 Sunrays wt 17 on the top and bottom line in the bobbin.

I am linking to crazymomquilts finish it up Friday and
Linky Tuesday Freemotion by the River.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. What a happy little mug rug. Kudos to you for using multi media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. It was fun to make and I love combining stamping and painting on fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the copic markers are permanent on the fabric? So many fun things to try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Vicki...the ones I tested were permanent. But I will test any marker on the fabric I am using when I do this again. So many fun things to do!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!