“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, September 15, 2013

ticker tape quilt + more

 I have been wanting to make a ticker tape quilt for awhile....
I have a lot of small scraps that I save and this is a perfect way to use them....
This past week I was cutting strips and squares from my stash for projects I am working on....
SOOOOOOOO when I ran into a bag of these little pieces....I had to start a little quilt!!!!
 Here is my scrappy trips quilt.....
in August I finished the wavy line quilting across the squares....
Also in August I put on the binding....
using Sandy Gervais fabric of course....
all of the pieces of this quilt are from her lines of fabrics....
I have blogged many times about this...

Here is the binding in the large glass container on the floor......
A really easy way to keep the binding out of the way and ready to clip to the edge of the quilt...

I am now working slowly on hand stitching the binding to the back and doing this in between other projects.....

I am linking to Pat Sloan's Show and Tell........
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

5 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to make a ticker tape quilt, too. It's on my "to do" list for now. Very pretty colors in yours. And your scrappy trip is really looking great. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a ticker tape quilt, but that looks cute! Do you just cut scraps, fold in edges and sew onto the background?? Looks easy enough... and I have plenty of scraps!! HA HA HA... add it to the to do list!

    hm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it on the internet....crazymom quilts...and I am using small pieces I have and fitting them like a jigsaw puzzle. When I can't find a piece that fits...I just cut off a piece of another scrap!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful scrap quilt and the ticker tape quilt is going to be fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ticker tape is on my want to do list too. Yours is looking cute and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!